Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 37:18-19

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 37:18-19
"And when they saw him afar off, even before he came near unto them, they conspired against him to slay him.
And they said one to another, Behold, this dreamer cometh."

This is the story of Joseph with the coat of many colors. His brothers are jealous of their father's love for him. They cannot even speak peaceably to him. Then when Joseph tells of his dreams, and how they will bow down to him, they hate him all the more. This hatred reaches a point that when they see Joseph coming to them they plot to kill him. In mercy they finally just sell him to passing Midianite merchants.

As I read these verses I was reminded of some "dreamers" I have known in my life, and how I have mocked them. They were so righteous and god-fearing I just wanted to see them teared down. No one can be that good. They were just a little too nutty. When miracles happened to them I was simply jealous. How could they be worthy of such blessings and not I? I have been so ashamed of myself. I have watched these people over the years and all I want to be is like them. Worthy to dust their shoes. They are the salt of the earth and much loved of God. That is why miracles come as answers to their prayers. The problem was never them it was simply me.


Day 612

No comments:

Post a Comment