Thursday, November 10, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 18:23-24, 26, 32

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 18:23-24, 26, 32
"And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked?
Peradventure there be fifty righteous within the city: wilt thou also destroy and not spare the place for the fifty righteous that are therein?
And the Lord said, If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes.
And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure ten shall be found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for ten's sake."

Abraham knows the Lord will destroy Sodom and Gomorrah for its wickedness. Abraham knows his nephew Lot is there. He asks the Lord if the city will be spared for the sake of 50 righteous and the Lord agrees he will spare it. Then the numbers decrease until we are left with only 10 righteous in the city will He spare it? Again the Lord agrees that he would spare the city for the sake of 10 righteous people.

As I reflected on this I thought about the great wickedness, and anger that I see coming out of people. All they seem to want is their own will and to destroy if they do not have it. Right now I know their hands are held back because there are many good and righteous people throughout our nation. How important it is for every righteous person to remain righteous, even if our numbers are few. For the hand of the Lord is held back for the righteous sake. It is because of the righteous that God can bless and heal our great land. When that day ever comes, that we alone are left righteous, he will remove us from among the wicked and gather His saints under his wing to preserve us. Fear not, trust in the Lord, he has this under control. What I can control is where I stand with Him. 


Day 593

No comments:

Post a Comment