Thursday, November 17, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 25:21

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 25:21
"And Isaac entreated the Lord for his wife, because she was barren: and the Lord was entreated of him, and Rebekah his wife conceived."

As I was reading this chapter I read of Abraham marrying again after Sarah died. He had 6 more sons by Ketrurah. Then his son Ishmael by Hagar has 12 sons. While his son Isaac wife Rebekah is barren. Just like his mother Sarah struggled to have him. I couldn't but help think of the promised children and how hard it was for their parents to have them. 

It made me think of Isaiah 54:1 "Sing, O barren, thou that didst not bear; break forth into singing, and cry aloud, thou that didst not travail with child: for more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife, saith the Lord."

I see today many good, faithful and wonderful, temple covenant couples unable to have children or have to take extraordinary means to get the children they do have. Why is that? Does this all bring us closer to the Lord to entreat him for our blessings? Are the children that are coming now so choice they must be yearned for so deeply?  Something is happening and I don't know what it is, but a connection between the covenant with the fathers and covenant parents today is happening. I do feel I am seeing the prophesy of Isaiah being fulfilled.


Day 600


No comments:

Post a Comment