Monday, November 14, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 22:1, 11-12

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 22:1, 11-12
"And it came to pas after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am.
And the angel of the Lord called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.
And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me."

Abraham wasn't tempted by God, for in the Hebrew it means to test or prove. I pondered on several different times I have had sore tests in my life and the great blessings that came out of them for faith. I did learn more about myself, and the love God has for me. I understood His mercy in a better way. Why do seemingly bad things happen to good people?  So we can prove to God we love him and will do his will regardless of what we may pass through. Then He will open the windows of heaven and bless us. For blessings come after the trial of our faith. 


Day 597

No comments:

Post a Comment