Sunday, November 20, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 28:15

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 28:15
"And, behold, I am with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest, and will bring thee again into this land; for I will not leave thee, until I have done that which I have spoken to thee of."

Three times today at church we touched upon "enduring to the end", each time I listened and wanted to say something but it was never the right moment. Again as I am reading this I think about what I wanted all day to say.

"Enduring to the end" is my favorite part of the gospel. This is how I come to know my Savior, Jesus Christ. He is by my side and I am never left alone. I cannot endure without him. To try and hang in there and suffer it all alone, is not to understand what the Savior's atonement was all about. He suffered so I would never be alone in my trials, if I but turn to him. He will carry my burdens if I only let him. In doing so I come to know and love him. This is what brings eternal life. Enduring to the end is the best part of this whole earth existence. As I read Jacob's words I see the Lord telling him this very same thing.


Day 603

No comments:

Post a Comment