Sunday, November 27, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 35:2-3

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 35:2-3
"Then Jacob said unto his household, and to all that were with him, Put away the strange gods that are among you, and be clean, and change your garments:
And let us arise, and go up to Beth-el; and I will make there an altar unto God, who answered me in the day of my distress, and was with me in the way which I went."

All I could think of is "arise and put on thy beautiful garments". In searching for that verse I found Isaiah 52:1 very similar to Moroni 10:31. I like the later for the action of awaking and arising, and mentioning Israel. 

"Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments. O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean."
(Isaiah 52:1)

"And awake, and arise from the dust, O Jerusalem; yea, and put on thy beautiful garments, O daughter of Zion; and strengthen thy stakes and enlarge thy borders forever, that thou mayest no more be confounded, that the covenants of the Eternal Father which he hath made unto thee, O house of Israel, may be fulfilled."
(Moroni 10:31)

Even today there is a need, maybe even a greater need, to "put away the strange gods" among us. I pondered on how I cannot learn in the temple, unless I have removed the false gods I have adapted, and become clean. It is such a concern to me, that I purge out all the false concepts I have adapted in my brain. I humbly ask God "What truths do I have twisted? Help me learn to purge them out." I have found them as I read the scriptures and attend the temple, because the spirit casts a light on the truth. There is a danger of living on borrowed light, because I do not know where others can lead me. My God will never lead me astray.


Day 610


No comments:

Post a Comment