Friday, November 18, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 26:12

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 26:12
"Then Isaac sowed in that land, and received in the same year an hundredfold: and the Lord blessed him."

When I read this I thought "I can't imagine being given a hundredfold of anything I already have."  That would be an incredible change of circumstance.

The reference to "an hundredfold" made me check the footnotes. I was referred to Doctrine & Covenants 98:25 "And again, if your enemy shall smite you the second time, and you revile not against your enemy, and bear it patiently, your reward shall be an hundred-fold."

With that I pondered on a very trying circumstance I had over a year ago. Even though I was abused by a repeat offender, I had an incredible sense of calm and peace, and could turn the matter totally over to the Lord. I saw the hand of the Lord in the scenarios leading up to the event. The Lord having told me earlier something I needed to do, and for it I would be blessed. Because of following that council the outcome of the attack was so very different than what it could have been. I never dreamed of how these two things would be connected. I look at the circumstances then, and were I am today, and I have been blessed in so many ways, spiritually, physically, and materially. It may not be an hundredfold, but that's totally ok. God blesses me for the mission I have in life. I have sufficient for my needs. What a great man Isaac must have been, for indeed through him all the nations of the earth are blessed.

Day 601


No comments:

Post a Comment