Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 31:11, 24

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 31:11, 24
"And the angel of God spake unto me in a dream, saying, Jacob: And I said, Here am I.
And God came to Laban the Syrian in a dream by night, and said unto him, Take heed that thou speak not to Jacob either good or bad."

I just pondered on how marvelous a means of communication God has in sending us dreams. In this chapter the dreams are given to the righteous in a new direction they need to take, and to the wicked to leave those that God is protecting alone. 

I haven't really dreamed in a while. I used to all the time. I'm sure I will when I need to. Things changed instead. It started by being awaken from my sleep hearing a single word spoken to me. Then the interpretation of its meaning is given. Lately I've noticed another new pattern happening. I will just wake up about 3:00-4:00 in the morning and lay there wide awake. Then into my mind I begin pondering on different gospel matters. Connections are made that I had never thought upon before. In fact it is becoming so common I often wonder before falling asleep what I will learn new tonight. As I wake in the middle of the night I ask "What am I ready to learn?"  I will lay there and soon new thoughts come into my mind. Sometimes I just fall back to sleep thinking about these great thoughts I just learned. It is all very peaceful and comforting with no feeling of insomnia or anxiety. In fact the more this is happening the calmer I am becoming.

Interestingly, last night the thought came to me about first sleep and second sleep. Something our ancestors used to do. A full eight hour straight sleep was unheard of as we do today. People would wake up and read or sew, go visit neighbors, do all sorts of things in the middle of the night between these sleeps. This makes me wonder if prophets of old dreamed in their first sleep and then pondered on it during their awake periods that followed. Seems like the perfect time for instruction.

I'm not sure why things are exactly changing for me, but I'm totally ok with it. Especially, if the spirit wants to take the time to instruct me during this period of wakefulness. There is nothing better than falling back to sleep thinking about the Lord.


Day 606

No comments:

Post a Comment