Saturday, November 12, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 20:3, 6

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 20:3, 6
"But God came to Abimelech in a dream by night, and said to him, Behold, thou art but a dead man, for the women which thou hast taken; for she is a man's wife.
And God said unto him in a dream, Yea, I know that thou didst this in the integrity of thy heart; for I also withheld thee from sinning against me: therefore suffered I thee not to touch her."

I just sat and reflected on a few "dreams by night" I have had. I have experienced warnings, instruction, revelation of other's deeds, acknowledgements, and gospel truths brought to light. I do believe that God can speak to his children in dreams. I also believe that dreams need to be interpreted or understood through the Holy Spirit. Prayer is a needed element to have such understanding. To ask another the meaning of a dream, gives up an opportunity to learn how the spirit speaks to me. My council often to others is "Did you pray?"  I have absolute faith that when a dream is given the interpretation is also available if we but ask.

I have seen books and websites that give interpretation of different elements of a dream. I have long realized they are nonsense. For they will take me off on a path that the dream's true message never intended me to go. Often the meaning of the dream is some smaller element, that is understood against those larger symbols, which can appear deceiving. Sometimes God just wants me to turn to him in prayer, to receive the true message. Dreams are special and unique to the individual, and are often meant to be embraced between me and God alone.


Day 595



No comments:

Post a Comment