Saturday, November 5, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 13:12-13, 18

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 13:12-13, 18
"Abram dwelled in the land of Canaan, and Lot dwelled in the cities of the plain, and pitched his tent toward Sodom.
But the men of Sodom were wicked and sinners before the Lord exceedingly.
Then Abram removed his tent, and came and dwelt in the plain of Mamre, which is in Hebron, and built there an altar unto the Lord."

Abram was blessed with cattle, silver and gold. His nephew Lot was with him and their substance became so great it would not support them together. So they decide to separate. It's interesting that Lot decides to face his tent towards Sodom. The direction Abram went was towards the altar. I know what happens later to Lot and his family. They are found inside the city no longer in the plains. It just reinforces to me the importance of the direction I am are facing and where it will lead me. My face needs to be facing towards the alter of the Lord, for that is the direction I want to be found standing. 


Day 588


No comments:

Post a Comment