Thursday, November 24, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 32:9-10, 30

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 32:9-10, 30
"And Jacob said, O God of my father Abraham, and God of my father Isaac, the Lord which saidst unto me, Return unto thy country, and to thy kindred, and I will deal well with thee:
I am not worthy of the least of all the mercies, and of all the truth, which thou hast shewed unto thy servant; for with my staff I passed over this Jordan; and now I am become two bands.
And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."

Jacob is afraid and distressed over his brother Esau coming to meet him with four hundred men. He is afraid for the lives of his wives and children and his own. He is afraid for the stewardship the Lord had given him, a posterity that cannot be numbered. I am sure through the guidance of the spirit he does all that he can in his power to divide and save his family and property, then he humbly turns it over to the Lord. That is a man of faith. That is why angels can attend him. That is why he can wrestle with an angel and not let go, until he receives a blessing. He believed in and wanted a blessing from God. It is how he knows he will be preserved. And as Jacob sent good gifts to his brother Esau before he would see his face, so did Jacob give good gifts to God. For that Jacob was found worthy to see the face of God. 


Day 607

No comments:

Post a Comment