Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 23:2, 19

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 23:2, 19
"And Sarah died in Kirjath-arba; the same is Hebron in the land of Canaan: and Abraham came to mourn for Sarah, and to weep for her.
And after this, Abraham buried Sarah his wife in the cave of the field of Machpelah before Mamre: the same is Hebron in the land of Canaan."

I had a hard time finding a favorite verse in this chapter. I then set about reading all the footnotes. I soon learned that this burial site for Sarah was also were Abraham was buried, along with their son Isaac and his wife Rebekah. This is also where Jacob and Leah were buried. I don't know who else may have been buried there, but this was holy ground. This is where all the father's laid. Then I just wept. This was a beautiful chapter of remembering and honoring our dead.


Day 598

No comments:

Post a Comment