Monday, November 21, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 29:31-32

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 29:31-32
"And when the Lord saw the Leah was hated, he opened her womb: but Rachel was barren.
And Leah conceived, and bare a son, and she called him Reuben: for she said, Surely the Lord hath looked upon my affliction; now therefore my husband will love me."

I used to just look at this as the great love story between Jacob and Rachel. Now I just wept for Leah. I could feel her pain. Jacob didn't want her and because she was the oldest daughter her father put her in Rachel's place. This was not the fault of Leah that Jacob felt deceived. Then after a week of marriage her sister marries Jacob and I am sure she felt so forgotten. She then has four of her sons, that last being Judah in this chapter. Each time she knows she is hated and not loved. That is so sad. I have such compassionate and tender feelings for her. I am grateful that it was from her son Judah's line that the Savior came through. For she was a mother that knew what it was like to be despised and afflicted, and faithful through it all. It is in the end that Jacob is buried by her side. So that is a true love story.


Day 604

Posted: 21 Nov 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment