Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Omni 1:26

Today's Favorite Verse: Omni 1:26
"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and prayer, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

I love these words and it is my desire too. The words that stand out to me is "offer your whole souls". When I ponder on what that means to me, all I can think is my complete will. To submit my will to God and give up the natural man within. I turn to Christ with complete faith and devotion. It is asking a lot, but didn't Christ do more than this?  He was the sacrificial lamb on the altar for my sins. All that he sought was to do the Father's will, and I must follow his example. Now I must give up all my sins and lay them on the altar and let them be consumed and made clean. Having been given the gift of agency, my will really is the only thing totally mine that I can give back to God. Fasting and prayer helps to strengthen me. Enduring to the end is how I come to to have a personal relationship with Christ.


Day 1828

No comments:

Post a Comment