Friday, March 6, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 18:17

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 18:17
"And I will wait upon the Lord, that hideth his face from the house of Jacob, and I will look for him."

I have this quote from Elder Robert D. Hales, in my notes on this verse.
"My dear brothers and sisters, when pain, tests, and trials come in life, draw near to the Savior. 'Wait upon the Lord,...look for him. They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. (Isaiah 40:31) Healing comes in the Lord's time and the Lord's way; be patient".
(Robert D. Hales, "Behold, We Count Them Happy Which Endure", Oct 1998, General Conference)

Tonight, during family scripture study we were going over the doctrine of Christ  in my favorite part of the Book of Mormon, where is speaks of enduring to the end. To me enduring to the end is the best part of the gospel, for it is where I come to personally know my Savior. In all that I endure and pass through I learn to look to him and he will carry me.

"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a streadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life."
(2 Nephi 31:20)


Day 1803


No comments:

Post a Comment