Sunday, March 29, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Enos 1:2, 5

Today's Favorite Verse: Enos 1:2, 5
"And I will tell you of the wrestle which I had before God, before I receive a remission of my sins.
"And there came a voice unto me, saying: Enos, thy sins are forgiven thee, and thou shalt be blessed."

I pondered over my own experience and truly the wrestle before God for the remission of my sins was a very needful thing. For if it had come easy I'm not sure I would have treasured it so much. Unlike Enos my wrestle took decades. How deep was my sorrow for my sins. How exquisite then was my joy, to truly know I was loved and forgiven. I learned I had been forgiven long ago, but all those years I could not forgive myself. Finally, I could because I heard His voice and believed him. The experience and the years of waiting were all worth it. The wrestle made me stronger for it. How deep is my love for my Savior and his redeeming sacrifice for me. Like Enos' example, we must never give up, for the wrestle is worth it.



Day 1826

No comments:

Post a Comment