Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Jacob 4:2-4

Today's Favorite Verse: Jacob 4:2-4
"But whatsoever things we write upon anything save it be upon plates must perish and vanish away; but we can write a few words upon plates, which will give our children, and also our beloved brethren, a small degree of knowledge concerning us, or concerning their fathers -
Now in this thing we do rejoice; and we labor diligently to engraven these words upon plates, hoping that our beloved brethren and our children will receive them with thankful hearts, and look upon them that they may learn with joy and not with sorrow, neither with contempt, concerning their first parents.
For, for this intent have we written these things, that they may know that we knew of Christ, and we had a hope of his glory many hundred years before his coming; and not only we ourselves had a hope of his glory, but also all the holy prophets which were before us."

It has been impressed upon me lately that I need to keep a better journal. I have been faithfully keeping a Daily To-Do list that I track what I've done throughout the day. Often I note events with longer comments. But, now I really need to record more of my thoughts, impressions and what motivated me to do certain things. Lately it seemed like one day feels like a week's worth of events have been happening around me. I could kick myself for not recording my feelings as we have been passing through pandemic events. This verse just reinforces my need to keep a better journal, not just for me but for my children. Though I have not recorded things as I wish I still need to go back and do this. 


Day 1822

No comments:

Post a Comment