Friday, March 13, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 25:23

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 25:23
"For we labor diligently to write, to persuade our children, and also our brethren, to believe in Christ, and to be reconciled to God; for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do."

I used to think that "after all we can do" meant I had to reach a certain point to be worthy of God's grace. Now I understand this verse differently. "All we can do", means simply to believe in Christ. There is no other way, it is all we can do. His grace is there when I believe in Him. He comes to me even when I'm at the lowest of lows, and vilest of sinners. With that mighty change of heart and reaching out towards Him his grace is there for me. It is by grace that I am saved after I believe in Christ. It is all I can do.


Day 1810

No comments:

Post a Comment