Thursday, March 5, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 17:11-12

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 17:11-12
"Ask thee a sign of the Lord thy God; ask it either in the depths, or in the heights above.
But Ahaz said: I will not ask, neither will I tempt the Lord."

I pondered on how even though Ahaz appears to have been invited by the Lord to ask for a sign, Ahez realizes he should not tempt the Lord. So I pondered on why he said that? What would I have done if given such an invitation by the Lord? I came up blank. If I was speaking to the Lord then there wouldn't be any sign I would want. Why would I want him to prove at that point who he was? That must be why Ahez didn't want to tempt the Lord because it would show a lack of faith on his part. Then I saw in the next verses the Lord tells him what the sign is, it is the sign of his birth. He is inviting us to know who he is.

"Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign - Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and shall bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel."
(2 Nephi 17:14)


Day 1802

No comments:

Post a Comment