Monday, March 16, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 28:12

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 28:12
"Because of pride, and because of false teachers, and false doctrine, their churches have become corrupted, and their churches are lifted up; because of pride they are puffed up."

When I read this verse I thought of my favorite verse a couple days ago.

"He commandeth that there shall be no priestcrafts; for, behold, priestcrafts are that men preach and set themselves up for a light unto the world, that they may get gain and praise of the world; but they seek not the welfare of Zion. (2 Nephi 26:29)

I had concluded that the reason people got involved or caught up in priestcrafts was because of pride. A priestcraft is a false doctrine and this verse that I read today states that it is because of pride. I love it when I get confirmation on what I had pondered on. There is always a 2nd or 3rd witness when the spirit teaches me a truth.



Day 1813

No comments:

Post a Comment