Sunday, March 1, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 13:9

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 13:9
"The show of their countenance doth witness against them, and doth declare their sin to be even as Sodom, and they cannot hide it. Wo unto their souls, for they have rewarded evil unto themselves!"

Right before I read my scriptures I was reading the news. In it I found a picture of a crowd of people supporting a cause and I just sat their looking at all their faces. My verdict was nothing, absolutely nothing. I saw nothing in their eyes that drew me to them or a desire to learn more. Then when I read this verse I thought about the recent crowd of people I was in and how many different faces I saw. What amazes me is how I can spot a latter-day saint among them. I recall a story I read where a study was done trying to identify how people were able to spot someone who was a latter-day saint. It wasn't the eyes as we often think, it was the skin texture. There was a particular radiance or glow to it. I find that fascinating now in light of the note I made next to this verse.

"Jeremiah wrote that the people had become so sinful that they lost their ability to blush."
"Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? nay, they were not at all ashamed, neither could they blush: therefore they shall fall among them that fall: at the time that I visit them they shall be cast down, saith the Lord."
(Jeremiah 6:15)


Day 1798


No comments:

Post a Comment