Thursday, March 19, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 31:15, 20

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 31:15, 20
"And I heard a voice from the Father, saying: Yea, the words of my Beloved are true and faithful. He that endureth to the end, the same shall be saved."
Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life."

I love these last few chapters of 2 Nephi. This one I cherish for it explains the doctrine of Christ in plainness. The doctrine of Christ is faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. It is the enduring to the end that is my favorite part, for this is how I come to know my Savior through a personal relationship with him. This is where I know I cannot endure unless He is with me and by my side. Through the atonement Christ made for me he will carry me. I love the second verse I quoted because it tells me how I will feel as I endure through Christ. I will have a steadfastness in Him, a brightness of hope, and love of God and my fellow man. Feasting on the words of Christ fills me and helps me to always remember him. It made me think of President Russell M. Nelson's recent video that said these things, and how it gave hope to so many around the world.


Day 1816

No comments:

Post a Comment