Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 16:11

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 16:11
"Then said I: Lord, how long? And he said: Until the cities be wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land be utterly desolate;"

This sounds like a terrible verse at first, but really it is most beautiful. Isaiah is asking how long much I preach to the people. He is told until there is no one left standing. Everyone must hear the invitation to repent and turn to the Lord.

Then I looked in Isaiah 6 from which Nephi is quoting and I see this note.
"The prophet wonders how long men will be so, and the Lord answers: until mortal man is no more."

So I ponder on a new thought about the nature of man, and how the natural man is an enemy to God. He will always go astray when left to his own devices, unless he turns to the Lord and is born again.



Day 1801

No comments:

Post a Comment