Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 30:7

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 30:7
"And it shall come to pass that the Jews which are scattered also shall begin to believe in Christ; and they shall begin to gather in upon the face of the land; and as many as shall believe in Christ shall also become a delightsome people."

I had this note on this verse in my scriptures.

"But the great conversion of the Jews, their return to the truth as a nation, is destined to follow the Second Coming of their Messiah. Those able to abide the day, in their extremity and mourning, will ask: 'What are these wounds in thine hands and in thy feet? Then shall they know that I am the Lord; for I will say unto them: These wounds are the wounds with which I was wounded in the house of my friends. I am he who was lifted up. I am Jesus that was crucified. I am the Son of God."
(Bruce R. McConkie, see Doctrine and Covenants 45:51-52; Zechariah 12:8-14; 13:6)

What it also reminded me of was a video created from a talk by President Ezra Taft Benson. Which I had been thinking about as I experienced an earthquake on top of the COVID-19 virus today. These are extraordinary times. President Russell M. Nelson has recently been telling us to "Hear Him". Today, I hear his voice in the events happening around me. To "Hear Him" is to recognize his voice of warning. Now is the time we need to turn our hearts to Him, and he will bring peace to our souls in the midst of upheaval. How grateful I am for His peace.



Day 1815



No comments:

Post a Comment