Saturday, March 28, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Jacob 7:26

Today's Favorite Verse: Jacob 7:26
"And it came to pass that I, Jacob, began to be old; and the record of this people being kept on the other plates of Nephi, wherefore, I conclude this record, declaring that I have written according to the best of my knowledge, by saying that the time passed away with us, and also our lives passed away like as it were unto us a dream, we being a lonesome and a solemn people, wanderers, cast out from Jerusalem, born in tribulation, in a wilderness, and hated of our brethren, which caused wars and contentions; wherefore, we did mourn out our days."

The part "and also our lives passed away like as it were unto us a dream", stood out to me. I was just talking with my son about this during family scriptures. He mentioned that this whole situation the world is in, and our being sick with it and the Lord's hand in preparing how to treat us, all seems like we are in some dream. It reminded me of my near-death experience and the bishopric coming to give me a blessing. In it I was told "It would all appear as if it were a dream." How those words gave me so much comfort and peace. I wanted what I had been through to appear as if it were a dream. Now Jacob says this same thing. I told my son maybe it seems like a dream because we do not have fear as the world has fear. We have seen the hand of the Lord in so many ways. Not sure what the connection is, but there is something in having life seem like a dream. All I know is I prefer it this way.

Here is a scripture I will ponder on further.

"And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:"
(Acts 2:17; also see Joel 2:28)

Day 1825

No comments:

Post a Comment