Friday, March 27, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Jacob 6:12

Today's Favorite Verse: Jacob 6:12
"O be wise; what can I say more?"

In our family scripture reading today we got on the subject of intellectuals, and how great the challenge is to not show pride. As I sit and ponder on this more I cannot help but think of Jesus Christ and his example. He spoke in the language of the person so they could understand. He did not speak above their understanding. Yes, some parables are understood on a deeper level, but there is something for all. That is the pure beauty of the words of Christ. Of all people to walk this earth Jesus Christ had the greatest right to appear the wisest of us all, yet he was humble, and spoke to be understood. The most he asks is that we come to be as a little child, is not that the purest and plainest language there could be.

"For my soul delighteth in plainness; for after this manner doth the Lord God work among the children of men. For the Lord God giveth light unto the understanding; for he speaketh unto men according to their language, unto their understanding."
(2 Nephi 31:3)

"And then shall ye know that I have seen Jesus, and that he hath talked with me face to face, and that he told me in plain humility, even as a man telleth another in mine own language, concerning these things."
(Ether 12:39)

"Behold, I am God and have spoken it; these commandments are of me, and were given unto my servants in their weakness, after the manner of their language, that they might come to understanding."
(Doctrine and Covenants 1:24)

"For it shall come to pass in that day, that every man shall hear the fulness of the gospel in his own tongue, and in his own language, through those who are ordained unto this power, by the administration of the Comforter, shed forth upon them for the revelation of Jesus Christ."
(Doctrine and Covenants 90:11)

"Now when it was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because they every man heard them speak in his own language."
(Acts 2:6)

"Therefore, whoso repenteth and cometh unto me as a little child, him will I receive, for of such is the kingdom of God. Behold, for such I have laid down my life, and have taken it up again; therefore repent, and come unto me ye ends of the earth, and be saved."
(3 Nephi 8:22)


Day 1824

No comments:

Post a Comment