Sunday, December 30, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Lamentations 1:1, 16

Today's Favorite Verse: Lamentations 1:1, 16
"How doth the city sit solitary, that was full of people! how is she become as a widow! she that was great among the nations, and princess among the provinces, how is she become tributary!
For these things I weep; mine eye, mine eye runneth down with water, because the comforter that should relieve my soul is far from me: my children are desolate, because the enemy prevailed."

This chapter made me cry for it reminds me of the "would have been's". You grieve for what could have been and wasn't. I can feel Jeremiah's pain, for all that he did to warn the people, yet they would not listen. It did not have to end this way. Why is the comforter gone from him when he mourns? I think it is still there, he is just grieving and cannot feel it. It's part of the bitter and sweet of this life. It is for our experience. I would not be told to "mourn with those that mourn" if there was something bad or evil with such a process. Mourning is exactly what Jeremiah is suppose to do right now.   



Day 1373

No comments:

Post a Comment