Sunday, December 23, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Jeremiah 46:10, 27-28

Today's Favorite Verse: Jeremiah 46:10, 27-28
For this is the day of the Lord God of hosts, a day of vengeance, that he may avenge him of his adversaries: and the sword shall devour, and it shall be satiate and made drunk with their blood: for the Lord God of hosts hath a sacrifice in the north country by the river Euphrates.
But fear not thou, O my servant Jacob, and be not dismayed, O Israel: for, behold, I will save thee from afar off, and thy seed from the land of their captivity; and Jacob shall return , and be in rest and at ease, and none shall make him afraid.
Fear thou not, O Jacob my servant, saith the Lord: for I am with thee; for I will make a full end of all the nations whither I have driven thee: but I will not make a full end of thee, but correct thee in measure; yet will I not leave thee wholly unpunished."

I saw the pattern. The Lord's people don't listen to Him so he punished them for their disobedience. Once in captivity He is then able to turn and punish their adversaries. Both sides had lessons to learn from this. I guess that is why the Lord cleanses his own house first. Punishment and correction leads to them humbling themselves and turning back to him. Else how would we ever have youth strong enough to withstand a fiery furnace like Shadrach, Meshach or Abed-nego.   



Day 1366


No comments:

Post a Comment