Sunday, November 8, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 47:1, 4

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 47:1, 4

"Behold, it is expedient in me that my servant John should write and keep a regular history, and assist you, my servant Joseph, in transcribing all things which shall be given you, until he is called to further duties. 

Wherefore, it shall be given him, inasmuch as he is faithful, by the Comforter, to write these things. Even so. Amen."

What I noticed is that callings are not necessarily forever. We serve the Lord until he calls us to something else. If we are faithful in that calling the Spirit will direct and guide us in it. I think sometimes the Spirit will let us know in advance when the calling is ending. The inspiration doesn't come as quickly, as least that is what I have observed. Maybe it's to help us accept the fact it's time for another calling to serve in. It's always a little sad because just when you think you have a certain rhythm or way of doing certain calling it's time to move to something else. 

Day 2050

No comments:

Post a Comment