Monday, November 30, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 69:3, 8

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 69:3, 8

"And also that he shall continue in writing and making a history of all the important things which he shall observe and know concerning my church;
Preaching and expounding, writing, copying, selecting, and obtaining all things which shall be for the good of the church, and for the rising generations that shall grow up on the land of Zion, to possess it from generation to generation, forever and ever. Amen."

This made me appreciate the hard work the early saints did in recording our history. They did it not only by command, but for future generations and that would include me. I would not even have the Doctrine and Covenants as a set of scriptures if they had not recorded what was taking place, and the revelations received. The Lord knew we needed this record. It made me think about the things that I write and how important they will be one day for my children.

Day 2072

No comments:

Post a Comment