Monday, November 2, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 41:12

 Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 41:12

"These words are given unto you, and they are pure before me; wherefore, beware how you hold them, for they are to be answered upon your souls in the day of judgment. Even so. Amen."

That warning "beware how you hold them" really stood out to me. Maybe its because I have thought a lot lately about wresting the scriptures, and talks given by the prophets and apostles and what the means. We will answer for how we hold them. Do I live by the Lord's words or do I twist them to fit my agenda? Much care has to be given when quoting scriptures. I would think with the Lord's word being pure we don't have to stretch so far to find their meaning. We just have to ponder on them.
Day 2044

No comments:

Post a Comment