Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 56:17

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 56:17

"Wo unto you poor men, whose hearts are not broken, whose spirits are not contrite, and whose bellies are not satisfied, and whose hands are not stayed from laying hold upon other men's goods, whose eyes are full of greediness, and who will not labor with your own hands!"

The Lord left no doubt about how he feels when the poor behave is such manner. I pondered on how the greatest gift you can instill in a person is self-reliance and honest work. Even with that if the soul is not satisfied then their wants and desires will never be either. I remember how I always had a list of things that I wanted. I would no sooner get something when another thing would replace it on the list. One day I realized I no longer had that mental list. It wasn't that I now had everything I ever wanted. It was just that after years of reading my scriptures my soul was satisfied. I wasn't trying to buy things to fill the void that had been inside. It is amazing how satisfied you can be with less, when the soul is filled.

Day 2059

No comments:

Post a Comment