Saturday, November 21, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 60:7

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 60:7
"And in this place let them lift up their voice and declare my word with loud voices, without wrath or doubting, lifting up holy hands upon them. For I am able to make you holy, and your sins are forgiven you."

I sat here this morning reading all the sweet and powerful messages of gratitude and thanks that are filling my Facebook feed. This is in response to President Nelson's message to the world yesterday. That we take this week to #GiveThanks on social media. What a spirit has filled my soul from all this. As I ponder on this verse I have to say I am seeing this place lifted up with those declaring the words the prophet spoke inspired by God. Wrath and doubting have been turned away by these sweet expressions of gratitude. It does make one feel more holy. I #GiveThanks for a prophet of God that received revelation for our day.

"A few weeks ago, I woke in the middle of the night with the thought that I should offer a prayer of gratitude to God for all of His children around the globe. Thoughts flooded my mind of all of the things for which we should be grateful and how expressing that gratitude could become a healing spirit in our lives. As the inspiration came, specific details, including when and how I should share this message, came to my mind and heart. The video message shared today was not one that came by chance; it is one that came from heaven."
(President Russell M. Nelson, "The Story behind My Global Prayer of Gratitude" Nov 20, 2020, ChurchofJesusChrist.org blog)



Day 2063

No comments:

Post a Comment