Monday, November 23, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 62:3

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 62:3

"Nevertheless, ye are blessed, for the testimony which ye have borne is recorded in heaven for the angels to look upon; and they rejoice over you, and your sins are forgiven you."

I pondered on my testimony being recorded in heaven. I thought about my testimony I share on social media. The times I bare my testimony at church. I'm sure they matter. But, what I think of as the testimony angels are recording are the quiet ones spoken between myself and someone else. It's those private conversations that come from the heart and strengthen each other. The public declaration may or may not come from the heart. But the quiet private ones bare the soul and what is deep inside the person. It is the fiber of who they really are and what they believe. They are the ones that testify of Christ and point the way to Him. I think its those pure testimonies that cause our sins to be forgiven.

I think this verse is an example of this concept.

"And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are:, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to the Father who is in secret; and thy Father, who seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
(Matthew 6:5-6)



Day 2065

No comments:

Post a Comment