Friday, November 27, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 66:3

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 66:3

"Verily I say unto you, my servant William, that you are clean, but not all; repent, therefore, of those things which are not pleasing in my sight, saith the Lord, for the Lord will show them unto you."

I pondered on how merciful the Lord is to show us what we need to repent of, if we but ask. Repentance is best done daily, so we don't forget, and that we learn from them. I remember feeling the desire to repent of all my sins even the ones that I had long forgotten. It really concerned me. I went a whole week with this pressing on my mind. Trying to figure out what I should do about it. What if I couldn't think of them all? So, I prayed about it.

The impression I received was to ask during the sacrament that ALL my sins would be forgiven me, even those I had forgotten. So, I did. It was an experience I will never forget. I felt the spirit strongly as I took the bread, but as I drank the water I felt as if a wave of cool water just washed over me from my head to my toes. It was like I was baptized all over again. Well, I had been hadn't I? The taking of the sacrament is the renewal of my baptismal covenants. As wonderful as that experience was to be forgiven of all my sins, it is more wonderful to not let the sins build up in the first place. How blessed we are to have the ability to ask forgiveness in daily prayer, and while partaking of the sacrament. #GiveThanks


Day 2069

No comments:

Post a Comment