Friday, November 6, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 45:35

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 45:35

"And I said unto them: Be not troubled, for, when all these things shall come to pass, ye may know that the promises which have been made unto you shall be fulfilled."

This chapter has seventy-five verses and of those I could write three times as much on just the impressions I had on several of them. This is an amazing chapter with so much to ponder on. I had a really hard time deciding on which one tonight I would focus on. I selected this one simply because I have experienced it this week.

I have had an unusual peace and calm during a time when others are most anxious. I realized why the other day. It is because the prophet recently said.

"Dear friends, the road ahead may be bumpy, but our destination is serene and secure. So, fasten your seatbelt, hang on through the bumps, and do what's right. Your reward will be eternal."
(Russell M. Nelson, Facebook post 5 Aug 2020)

I think it's because I was told it would be bumpy and I'm seeing the bumps that it just confirms to me that the Lord is in control. He knows what is happening for our good. He will be there for me if I lean on Him. Peace can be there when I #HearHim and do what he says.

President Nelson left me this General Conference with such hope about the days I live in.

"We live in a glorious age, foreseen by prophets for centuries. This is the dispensation when no spiritual blessing will be withheld from the righteous. Despite the world's commotion, the Lord would have us look forward to the future "with joyful anticipation". Let us not spin our wheels in the memories of yesterday. The gathering of Israel moves forward. The Lord Jesus Christ directs the affairs of His Church, and it will achieve its divine objectives.

Now, my dear brothers and sisters, I bless you to be filled with the peace of the Lord Jesus Christ. His peace is beyond all mortal understanding. I bless you with an increased desire and ability to obey the laws of God. I promise that as you do, you will be showered with blessings, including greater courage, increased personal revelation, sweeter harmony in your homes, and joy even amid uncertainty."
(Russell M. Nelson, "A New Normal", Oct 2020 General Conference)


Day 2048

No comments:

Post a Comment