Monday, November 16, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 55:4

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 55:4

"And again, you shall be ordained to assist my servant Oliver Cowdery to do the work of printing, and of selecting and writing books for schools in this church, that little children also may receive instruction before me as is pleasing unto me."

As I've been watching the Church's BYU-Pathway Worldwide program expand I keep thinking on this verse. I do believe like in the early days of the church were we needed to education our children, that it will happen again. First the Pathways program was a prep for college and moved on to certificates and degrees, now there is a a new BYU Online High School for grades 7-12. I believe one day there will be a remote program for elementary age children. Maybe with the COVID-19 pandemic more parents will see the education of their children as their responsibility. I don't know how this scripture will be fulfilled again, but I do believe something is coming.


Day 2058

No comments:

Post a Comment