Sunday, November 15, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 54:10

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 54:10

"And again, be patient in tribulation until I come; and, behold, I come quickly, and my reward is with me, and they who have sought me early shall find rest to their souls. Even so. Amen."

I've done a lot of reflection on this pandemic and how with any trial there are lessons to be learned. I say lessons because its always been more than one thing I have learned from a trial. I think patience and obedience have been some of the greatest lessons I've come to appreciate. As I was reflecting on this the other day I realized not everyone chooses to learn a lesson from their trials. The trial can be over and they gained nothing positive from the experience. The Lord then will humble them in other ways. That's probably why in the last days we will pass through so many different types of disasters and plagues as the voice of warning. Giving all of God's children the opportunity to learn lessons from them and turn their hearts to Him.

When the Lord says he comes quickly, I thought about how it could mean there won't be a final warning. When something comes quickly there is no chance to prepare, it's just upon you. All the other warnings were ignored or people became numb to them. I can see why those that sought the Lord early will have inside them the peace to their souls ready to face the Lord. There is no time of preparation when the event is upon you. The time to learn and prepare is now.


Day 2057

No comments:

Post a Comment