Thursday, November 19, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 58:4

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 58:4

"For after much tribulation come the blessings. Wherefore the day cometh that ye shall be crowned with much glory; the hour is not yet, but is nigh at hand."

When I woke this morning I decided to watch a video that a friend yesterday kept telling me I needed to watch. I was told "It was so scary." "It exposed what is really happening with this pandemic." I had no curiosity to watch it. But when I woke this morning the thought came to me to watch it, so I did. As I watched it two scriptures came to mind and I read them. Then I thought of President Nelson's recent conference talk and watched it. The pieces all fit together as I read this.

"My dear sisters, let us not just endure this current season. Let us embrace the future with faith! Turbulent times are opportunities for us to thrive spiritually. They are times when our influence can be much more penetrating than in calmer times."
(Russell M. Nelson, "Embrace the Future with Faith", Oct 2020 General Conference)

I understood then that during turbulent times the adversary will use that opportunity to further his plan, and the Lord will do the same. What I learned, and not what the intent of this conspiracy video intended, was that Satan will further his plan by planting fear in the hearts of men. To the point they will be deceived and actually further his work. With fear instilled in their hearts it will only draw them further from the spirit and the voice of the Lord. Instead in turbulent times we are to further the work of the Lord. Grow spiritually and share the gospel to those that are prepared to listen. The lessons learned during tribulation indeed bring blessings that help us thrive spiritually. The decision is ours as to which opportunity and master we will help further their cause.



Day 2061

No comments:

Post a Comment