Monday, July 1, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Luke 8:10

Today's Favorite Verse: Luke 8:10
"And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand."

I pondered how merciful the Lord is to speak in parables. I am not accountable for what I do not understand, when I am trying to. The beauty of the gospel is to learn line upon line, precept upon precept as I am ready to receive. The only condemnation comes when I am not even trying to learn or understand. I have loved these moments when understanding comes. The combination of personal experiences and other scriptures have made the parable take on new meaning. I can be months from the experience or scripture verse when reading the parable again makes it suddenly become clear. There are times I read a parable and see something, then come back later and see more. There is beautiful depth and simplicity in the parables. Something for all, even when just grasping the message on the surface. The practice of what is learned is what makes us better. Whatever I understand is what the spirit wanted to teach me. It doesn't matter the depth. I have learned to be very patient with myself in understanding. There isn't a quiz at the end and the one with all the answers wins. The Lord wants all to win if we just open our hearts and seek for understanding. The spirit will help us along the way as we ponder them in our hearts and seek to live up to what has been given..



Day 1556

No comments:

Post a Comment