Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: John 7:41-43

Today's Favorite Verse: John 7:41-43
"Others said, This is the Christ. But some said, Shall Christ come out of Galilee?
Hath not the scripture said, That Christ cometh of the seed of David, and out of the town of Bethlehem, where David was?
So there was a division among the people because of him."

I sat here pondering for quite a while on how the people did not know Jesus was born in Bethlehem. Wouldn't the people in Galilee recalled Joseph and Mary's trip there to pay taxes? The wisemen visiting them there. How they then fled to Egypt before Herod killed all the boys two-years-old and younger there. Eventually, they came home. It's a little place, how would they not know this part of the story? Why were the people even discussing this when an inquiry could have been made to find out the truth? The scripture records this so obviously people did know the truth.

As I sat and pondered I remembered a conversation I had today with my husband. I had seen something on Facebook and as I always do I looked up the facts. I always marvel when I find how foolish someone is to post something and the facts are right there to be had if they had only looked. So that means people today are no different then people back in Christ's day. They believe only what others say is the truth and don't actually look for the truth. If you honestly seek for truth you can find it. If you do not want the truth then you are seeking to cause division, or it's an indication of spiritual blindness. 



Day 1577

No comments:

Post a Comment