Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Luke 16:30-31

Today's Favorite Verse: Luke 16:30-31
"And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

Not long after my prodigal child returned they asked me to make a promise to them. That when I died I would come back and visit them. Now, I knew they had a couple motivations. One was they had left the church but were not reconciled to their loss of belief. The other was my having a near death experience, which they once believed. But, now they used science to explain it all away as some part of the brain being triggered by chemicals released causing hallucinations. What they really lacked was faith and wanted a sign. Nothing good comes from someone seeking a sign.

When they asked me that, the story of Lazarus and the rich man came to mind. I told them no I can't make that promise. The prodigal child was shocked that as a religious person I would not promise them this. The spirit had me teach them, that the condition of a spirit returning is not up to them. They can only return or appear to someone on assignment from God. I could not promise something that may be totally against God's will. That was something they had not expected to hear.

The other impressions I kept to myself, but I knew as Abraham told the rich man in the parable, seeing won't make them believe. If you can think someone that had a near-death experience is making it up due to some chemicals released in the brain, then you would not believe a spirit that came to you either. The other reason I would not promise is to prevent any opportunity for a demonic or mischievous spirit to come and deceive them as me. For me to promise something that could be contrary to God's will, would open them up to exactly that. The sin would be upon my head. What they had asked me was a spiritual trap, something I will not participate in.   



Day 1564

No comments:

Post a Comment