Sunday, July 14, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Luke 21:8, 36

Today's Favorite Verse: Luke 21:8, 36
"And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.
Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

Those with the Savior asked "when shall these things be? and what sign will there be when these things shall come to pass?" I find it interesting that the first thing he tells them is "be not deceived" and the last "Watch ye therefore, and pray always". I do think the greatest thing we have to watch for in these days is being deceived. As I pondered on this I realized that someone doesn't need to say they are Christ to deceive. They need to say listen to me and I will save you from...... I will help you obtain.... If we seek man's wisdom over God's then there is danger in being deceived.



Day 1567

No comments:

Post a Comment