Monday, July 8, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Luke 15:17, 20

Today's Favorite Verse: Luke 15:17, 20
"And when he came to himself, he said, how many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!
And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him."

I know the pain of being the mother of a prodigal child. All I could do is turn them over to the Lord for safe keeping until they would come to themselves. The Lord told me they would not be happy to see me if I chased after them, and he was right. It was the hardest thing I have ever done. It was also one of the greatest period of my life, because the Lord taught me so many things, and prepared me. My child has come home, and is still a far away off from the gospel and the Lord. But, I am grateful they are home and will wait upon the Lord, for he knows more about wayward children then I do.



Day 1563

No comments:

Post a Comment