Sunday, July 21, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: John 4:9, 11, 15, 19, 29

Today's Favorite Verse: John 4:9, 11, 15, 19, 29
"The saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans.
The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou has nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water?
The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw.
The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art prophet."
Come, see a man, which told me all things that ever I did: is not this the Christ?"

I love this story of the Samaritan woman at the well. More than likely an outcast among women because she comes to the well at noon, when the other women would not be there. From there she meets Jesus and gradually as he speaks she perceives that he is indeed the Messiah that is to come. Her testimony is gradual because at first He is called "a Jew", then "Sir" and a "Prophet". Finally she identifies Him as the Christ. With that she runs to tell the others to come and see. Her experience is like most testimonies come including mine, gradually and deepens over time. When we are converted we then invite others to come and see.


Day 1574

No comments:

Post a Comment