Friday, July 5, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Luke 12:12

Today's Favorite Verse: Luke 12:12
"For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say."

I pondered on the times I have experienced this. Knowledge I did not have comes to me as I am discussing the scriptures with the family or others. I'm taught as I'm speaking. I always know the source because I truly had no prior understanding on how certain things fit. It's like a light that just came on and the doctrine is made clear.  It is quite an amazing things to participate in.

I think that is part of the reason we have been directed to read the scriptures as a family, and using Come, Follow Me. Parents that feel inadequate in their knowledge of the scriptures should take comfort in this promise. The spirit will give them the words and understanding needed to strengthen the faith of their family. It is received by personal revelation, and we must all learn to listen to it.

I have found one sure test for knowing I have been taught by the spirit. That is that I am never given original thought. It is only original to me. There is always another witness, be it in the scriptures or the words of the prophets or apostles. The confirmation of what the spirit taught me will always be there, and then there's more. 



Day 1560

No comments:

Post a Comment