Friday, July 12, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Luke 19:41-42

Today's Favorite Verse: Luke 19:41-42
"And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it,
Saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things which belong unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes."

I had such incredible sadness come over me as I read these verses. I could picture the Lord looking over the cities of the world today, like he once did with Jerusalem, and feeling that same sorrow over the inhabitants in them. I have heard the world is now more wicked then Sodom and Gomorrah. Now when did I first hear that? It was at least during the days of President Gordon B. Hinckley.

“The traditional family is under heavy attack. I do not know that things were worse in the times of Sodom and Gomorrah. … We see similar conditions today. They prevail all across the world. I think our Father must weep as He looks down upon His wayward sons and daughters.”
(“Standing Strong and Immovable,” Worldwide Leadership Training Meeting,10 Jan. 2004, 20.)



Day 1567

No comments:

Post a Comment