Sunday, July 7, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Luke 14:33

Today's Favorite Verse: Luke 14:33
"So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple."

I pondered on what it means to forsake. Have I been asked to give anything up for the gospel of Jesus Christ? I think that an unfair question seeing that my parents joined the church when I was four years old. The way I needed to live was already in place. Then I thought about my sins, which everyone must pass through. The ways of the natural man are what I have been called to forsake without a doubt. At some time things might be different when being a Christian takes on amplified persecution. I have known very little of that in my life. But, I have to say when it has happened and I had to make a stand, it only strengthen me in my testimony. Those were the moments I had no doubt I was a disciple of Jesus Christ and he was watching over me.



Day 1562

No comments:

Post a Comment