Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Luke 24:16

Today's Favorite Verse: Luke 24:16
"But their eyes were holden that they should not know him."

I love this chapter. I love the story of Jesus Christ appearing to his disciples after his resurrection. One thing I had pondered on is why were the two disciples on the road to Emmaus restrained from recognizing the Lord as he walked and opened the scriptures to them? I especially wondered this because in my near-death experience I know Satan appeared as the combination of people I had previously identified as being either spiritually or physically attractive. He did not appear as he truly would. He made his appearance such to confuse and attempt to deceive me. So why would the Lord appear in a similar manner, that I could naturally identify as deceiving? That would not fit who He is?

Then I realized I was looking at it with the eyes of being deceived and not what in this case it was, the eyes of faith. One being evil can only deceive. The Lord cannot, but he can test and try our faith. It was only through the spirit that he was first revealed. "Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?" What the disciples beautifully did on their walk with Jesus Christ on that road to Emmaus was bear testimony of Him. What the Savior did was open the scriptures up to them so they would come to recognize him. Isn't that exactly what I'm suppose to do?


Day 1570

No comments:

Post a Comment