Thursday, July 18, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: John 1:50-51

Today's Favorite Verse: John 1:50-51
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Because I said unto thee, I saw thee under the fig tree, believest thou? thou shalt see greater things than these.
And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man."

Here is the beginning of Jesus' ministry and the calling of his disciples. I reflected on how it must have been for them, having no idea what Jesus meant, that they would see greater things than these. What amazing miracles they would witness. Even until Jesus is crucified and dies and then three days later appears to them as a resurrected being. The heart and mind cannot comprehend what it must have been like for them. Then I remembered something the prophet recently said.

"Our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ, will perform some of His mightiest works between now and when He comes again. We will see miraculous indications that God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, preside over this Church in majesty and glory. But in coming days, it will not be possible to survive spiritually without the guiding, directing, comforting, and constant influence of the Holy Ghost."
(Russell M. Nelson, "Revelation for the Church, Revelation for Our Lives", April 2018 General Conference)

I don't know what amazing things the Lord has in store for his saints in my day. In all seriousness, I cannot waste a moment not being able to be guided by the spirit. I want to be on the right hand of all there is to witness.



Day 1571




No comments:

Post a Comment